Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created to share lists with other bookish folks! For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday list, we were asked to list our top ten best bookish memories!
2. The time that I waited in line twice, on two separate days, in order to get Chris Van Allsburg to sign a copy of The Polar Express.
4. The many times that, as kids, friend J and I would read Calvin & Hobbes comic strips to one another and roll around on the floor laughing (even at the jokes that we were too young to understand)!
5. The time that I went to the Brooklyn Book Festival with my good friends S and J, and had a blast despite the heat! The used book stands are the best. (Oh, and the panels and people are okay, too!)
6. The time that I met Bill Clinton at an event in my undergrad college’s bookstore and had him sign a copy of his book My Life, which I still haven’t finished. (He also complimented my friend A’s necklace, a fact we tease her about to this day.)
7. The time that Eva at A Striped Armchair (one of the first book blogs I really followed closely) mentioned bookwanderer in a post!
8. The time that Sherman Alexie did a reading at Barnes & Noble and was utterly and completely hilarious. (I didn’t realize that he had been a stand-up comic, but that makes a TON of sense.) The audience was also great–it included a high school class that audibly gasped when Alexie read a sex scene aloud, causing everyone (including Alexie) to laugh. He even drew a little Native American caricature in the book I was having him sign!
9. The time that I first read G.R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1), without having been spoiled to the ending. It’s probably the most shocked I’ve been at a book’s plot in AGES.
10. All of the times that I’ve had fun, informative, and instructive discussions with other book bloggers! 🙂
What are your best bookish memories? Feel free to link to your own post in the comments!